I’ve been so busy lately with my business. But I’ve managed to find time to cook lots of delicious snacks for my family (Thank You Pinterest). This one as become an instant favorite, especially since we love avocados! We’ve even taken it a step further with this recipe and added chicken or shrimp. So yummy, I decided to share. Enjoy!
Avocado Egg Rolls
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
- 3 large ripe Avocados, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Egg roll wrappers
- water (for sealing edges of egg rolls)
- oil (for frying)
- optional: chopped grilled chicken or chopped cooked shrimp
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil until 350 degrees F in a heavy bottomed pot or a deep fryer.
- Place sliced avocado, cilantro, and salt in a bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean, dry surface, angled towards you like a diamond.
- Put a few slices of avocado in the center of the wrapper, and top with a couple pieces of sun dried tomatoes.
- Using your finger dab a little water along the outer edges of the wrapper all the way around (to help seal the egg roll shut).
- Roll up the egg roll by folding up the bottom corner halfway to cover the avocado mixture. Fold the right and left sides of the wrapper towards the center, creating what looks like an open envelope. Roll the base of the envelope (folded portions) towards the remaining corner. Make sure all edges are sealed shut.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers until the avocado mixture is gone.
- Place the egg rolls one or two at a time in the hot oil, and cook until they are golden brown (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Remove from oil to paper towels to drain.
- Cut at an angle and enjoy!
Creamy Cilantro Ranch Dip
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 of a jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Ranch Mix
- Place all ingredients into a regular food chopper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Lasts up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
CREDITS: I Wash…You Dry